Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Nook Books

Merry Christmas to me. I bought myself a Nook Color this last year for Christmas. It is so cool!! I love it!

I love the buying books on the Nook. It has Wifi and that is fun too. They even have WIFI on UTA. How cool is that? I can read or surf the web while riding on I-80.

So I am going to keep track of the books that I have read this year. A friend of mine had a goal last year to read 50 books. I don't have a number in mind, but I just want to see how many I read.

Here is my first: "Fools Rush In" by Janice Thompson

This was free on the Nook but I am glad I got it. I even bought the other two books in the series. That is how much I liked the book and even better because the first one was free.

A little synopsis of the book:
The main character is Bella and her parents run a wedding planning business. Her parents just gave everything over to her and now it is her first wedding. She goes through some stress of planning. This is Christian literature so there is a little of that thrown in. Her family is Italian and a little crazy, complete with a talking parrot that her uncle tries to convert. There's a little romance in the mix too. I always like that. It is a sweet story. Just a fun read and sometimes that is just what I need.

I liked it. It was an enjoyable story with fun characters. I could picture this book like a great show to tune into. The chapters are named after Dean Martin songs. The aunt and uncle are always arguing about who is better Dean Martin or Frank Sinatra. It made me think of Return to Me. "Who would be your dream team?"

This book is definitely a keeper. It is on the Nook, so I could read it again, but I don't think I have time for that. I have too many other books to read!!

Until later, alligator!

2 comments:

Wendy said...

Lesley, you should create an account on shelfari.com to track all of you books and reviews. You can also pull this into your blog. Check it out! I got the Kindle,and my reading has definitely increased. I love my Kindle! Happy reading.

Lesley said...

I will have to check that out! Thanks!