Sunday, January 23, 2011

Cookies!!

Tonight I made some cookies to take to work. I have a new employee starting tomorrow and we are short staffed right now. We are actually going to get 'shorter staffed' if that is a word or phrase. We have a woman going out on maternity leave and tomorrow is the first day of that. So it has been crazy at work and it is going to be crazier!!

So I thought I would share the cookie recipe. Here it is:
Allison's Mrs. Fields Cookies (from the DMBA cookbook)

1 cup butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
2 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
2 1/2 cups oatmeal
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1 bag semi sweet chocolate chips
1 1/2 cups chopped walnuts

Cream butter, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla. Set aside. Mix oatmeal, flour, salt, baking soda, and baking powder well. Add to butter mixture. Mix well. Add chocolate chips and nuts. Mix well. Ball the cookie dough into golf ball size and place on greased cookie sheet.

Bake at 350 for 11 minutes. Let the cookies sit on the cookie sheet for a couple of minutes. Move cookies to a cooling rack to cool before storing them. Makes about 4 dozen.

Just a note: This is how I made them. My cookies were smaller than a golf ball size but I ended up with about 4 dozen. This recipe is actually cut in half from what is listed in the book. They turned out pretty good, even if I did make them myself!!

Have a great week. I will try to do that myself!!

1 comment:

Shelly said...

Sounds like your cookies were yummy yummy!!!