Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Silly Books

Books 8, 9, and 10, I feel like are silly books, but what fun reads. More books on the Nook. I love that Nook! Best Christmas present I bought myself!! (hee hee) Back to the books...

I started with the first one and just had to read the second. Then when I was checking for the third, the stars were aligned or something because I could purchase it as a pre-sale. It was being released the very next day. That was great because you know when you are reading something and just can't put it down? That was like that... I started reading the first book because I had a bad dream and had to get something else in my mind or the bad dream would start again. Sounds weird, I know but I have had some bad dreams lately and it seems to help. Anyways after that I was hooked.

I titled this, silly books because they are kind of silly. Lucy Valentine's family owns a matchmaking business. Their abilities in matchmaking are so wonderful due to a blessing by cupid himself centuries ago. Lucy's abilities have been skewed after a power surge when she was fourteen and on the phone. She can't match people up but only find lost things when touching someone's hand. There is some romance in there too. The heroine is afraid of commitment because along with the blessing from cupid, there is a curse. No one in her family has been able to have a relationship that lasts. Of course, there is a man in the story and she is afraid. There are some shall I say steamy parts... I guess that is what makes this book my guily pleasure. (Yikes, did I admit that?)

They are just so fun, I couldn't stop!! I am hoping for a fourth book! She still has not gotten over her commitment issues... Will she?

bye for now

No comments: