Monday, February 14, 2011

A Contradiction

Yep today is Valentine's Day. Valentimes Day. Single Awareness Day. Halloween. Whatever you want to call it. Those are just a few of the names I have heard for this day.

I like to say "Valentine's Day, I spit on you." Then I would make a spitting sound. Very ladylike, I know! That is the way I feel and I believe in honesty.

Even though I say that I still made cookies and brought them into work. You have to celebrate once in awhile. It is fun to find the fun even in a day like Valentine's. So that is why I know I am a contradiction.

The cookies turned out really good. So I thought I would share the recipe in my blog.

I found this recipe in a holiday recipe book my friend Jennifer made for me. It is from Whitney, her sister-in-law and just a cool person.

Whitney's Sugar Cookies

1 1/3 cups shortening
2 cups sugar
4 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
4 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup milk
1 tsp salt
6 cups flour

Mix ingredients well in the order listed above. (If you can, do not stop mixing.)

Roll & cut thick.

Bake at 350 for 7-10 minutes.

Frost and enjoy!

The people at work loved them!!

1 comment:

Whit said...

Oh yea! Those cookies can make any day better. Thanks for the post!