Friday, May 2, 2008

Mother's Day

I am on my way for a family weekend. Heading to Idaho with my sister and brother-in-law. We are combining a birthday and Mother's Day.

Here are a few a quotes in honor of Mother's Day, albeit early:
"You don't really understand human nature unless you know why a child on a merry-go-round will wave at his parents every time around-- and why his parents will always wave back." William D. Tammerus

"All women become like their mothers. That is their tragedy. No man does. That's his." Oscar Wilde

"The sweetest sounds to mortals given are heard in Mother, Home, and Heaven." William Goldsmith Brown

"Sweater, n.: a garment worn by child when its mother is feeling chilly." Ambrose Bierce

-- This Mother's Day coming makes me think of my twin sister too. She is going to be a mommy this year. One thing that my mom has said that is hard for her is that Shelly is sick and she cannot do anything about it. Before she was able to make things better and now she can't. Another time of change for us. Life is like that.

Happy Mother's Day, even if I am early!

No comments: