Friday, May 16, 2008

A Door is a Door...

Today I moved to an office at work! How exciting is that? It is definitely quieter! That is nice. It is really a cubicle with a door. That door is important though. In cubicle world a door is a rare and hot commodity. I even got a congratulations about my new space. That is different.

Then yesterday my sister closed a door in her life. She made a decision that needed to be made. I am glad that she did it. What is most important is that she is glad too that she made this decision.

Thinking about my sister and what is ahead for her makes me think of the quote from Helen Keller. It gives me hope for her. "When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." That tells me that happiness is there. It is not going to do anything good to dwell on the past. Just move forward.

1 comment:

Whit said...

Congrats on your door! I hope all is well for your sis.